Congratulations to GIMP programmer team and Thank's for this great released!
There is many new features and the user interface is also redesigned more logically and more easy to use.
Here the improvement lists:
- Refreshed Look with new icon set and polished consistent look cross platform (Linux, Windows, MacOSX)
- Scalable Brushes and support Photoshop brush format (.ABR)
- Selection Tools is rewritten from scratch to allow resizing of existing selection.
- Foreground Select Tool to more easy image part selection.
- Align Tool for easier layer, path or guides alignment.
- Better menu structure and easy to understand menu name.
- Improved display for zooming in and out.
- Color Management and soft proofing.
- Improved printing for control all aspects and with immediate preview.
- New Crop Tool, Red Eye Removal, Perspective Clone and Lens Distortion.
GIMP also redesign their website, to look at new website go to http://next.gimp.org/
for more complete new features that GIMP 2.4 offers go to Gimp 2.4 Release Notes