After many users asking about Gimphoto portable version, i tried to find a simple method to convert Gimphoto to be a portable application. There are many method from the manual way using NSIS Installer, using portable launcher or even using Virtual Machine (VM). The method that i found easy to develop is using X-Launcher. X-Launcher developer already create X-Gimp that used to launch GIMP as portable application.
Then i modified X-Gimp 2.4 to be a portable application launcher for Gimphoto 1.4.3.
Using this new portable version, now we can use or install Gimphoto side by side with GIMP that until now it is still impossible to do it without using this Gimphoto special portable version.
Today i release Gimphoto 1.4.3 Portable and also Gimpad 1.1 Portable.
This packages already tested under Windows 2000 and Windows XP, i hope this programs also usable under Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Download from this location:
- Gimphoto 1.4.3 Portable
- Gimpad 1.1 Portable
- Extract gimphoto-1.4.3_portable.zip
- It will produce folder "GIMPortable"
- If you want to use Gimpad then also Extract gimpad-1.1_portable.zip
- It will copy many files to folder "GIMPortable"
- If you prefer other name then you can rename folder "GIMPortable"
- You also can move it to other locations or to USB flash disk
- Run gimphoto.exe (for UI like GIMP)
- Run gimpad.exe (for UI like PS)