After installing Gimphoto for Linux, maybe you realize that Gimphoto program installer not automatically creating program menu for Gimphoto. Actually Gimphoto program installer is creating menu but the menu is only available when we login as root. This happen because we must installing Gimphoto as root to be able to install it at /usr/local/gimphoto and appearently Installjammer doesn’t support to create program menu for all users, but only for active user.
So Gimphoto program menu should be created manually and for this example, i will use Ubuntu 8.04 but this steps should be same for all GNOME based Linux distro.
1. Click menu > System > Preferences > Main Menu
2. Click sub-menu where Gimphoto program menu will be located [ Graphics ] and then Click [ + New Item ] to create new menu.
3. Create Launcher dialog will appear, fill Name: Gimphoto 1.4.3 and then Click [ Browse... ] button.
4. Select Gimphoto location: File System > usr > local > gimphoto > gimphoto.sh
5. Then will appear new Gimphoto program menu, Click [ Close ].
6. Access it from menu Applications > Graphics > Gimphoto.1.4.3